URDT was founded to offer a development programme that is a merger of truly functional education and training with rural development interventions, with the intent of empowering marginalized people living in rural communities.
The mission of URDT is:
- To facilitate integrated, self-generating development of the rural communities and economies, using an approach that combines rural development projects with consciousness-raising, training, education and information sharing, so that the new awakening is buttressed by skills and knowledge and remains resident with the people as they organically change the quality of their lives.
- To enable the people of Uganda in general, and in the Bunyoro Region in particular, to recognize and embody common vision and values and work together to create for themselves peace, prosperity, health, freedom, and happiness as they discover that they are key to their own development.
- To enable people to tap their innate powers and wisdom to create an environment that fosters personal and communal growth.
- To enable people to recognize and use the inter-relationship between development concerns in health, nutrition, sanitation, water management, rural technologies, sustainable income generation, governance, and environment so that they have a holistic approach to their development.
- Celebrating the Life and Legacy of Silvana Franco Veltkamp - January 19, 2024
- Graduates of URDT Institute join the rest of the participants at the EXCO showcase at Helipad, Serena Hotel - November 23, 2023
- District Stake holders Applaud URDT-I for transforming youth into responsible citizens - November 21, 2023